FALL 2016 Academy Sessions
U10 – 2:00 – 3:00 pm @ Grady T
U12-14 – 3:15 – 4:15 pm @ Grady T
Sundays September 25th
$40 for 8 sessions
- This program provides the best soccer instruction available in Texarkana.
- Program is separate training program designed not to conflict with regular team practices. All players will play in their Fall League.
- Program is open to all players registered in the Fall with TUSA in U10 division and above. All skill levels accepted.
- Academy practices focus on individual skill development.
- Once a week independent training sessions.
- Players will be grouped according to their individual skill levels, so players practice with others of similar ability.
- Practices will be well organized, high-intensity with appropriate lessons to improve level of play.
- Coaches are all licensed through the US Soccer Federation.
- Practices are run by TUSA’s Director of Coaching John Chisolm.
- Players train fundamental skills in passing, defending, and ball control as they apply to the game.
- Training will also positional specific skills such as striking and goalkeeping.
- We hope to schedule 4-6 games with teams surrounding clubs.
- Players will receive jerseys and games will have paid referees.
- Program cost this season: $40 in addition to Fall league fees.
Will my player only practice with players from his or her age?
- No, players may be grouped with players of different teams and even different ages.
What happens if there are more players than for more than one team
- TUSA may form more than one team!
Why was my player moved from one practice group to another practice group?
- Players are moved between groups to best benefit their development each day.
What about recruiting?
- There is no recruiting for the Academy program and the Academy program is not a tool for recruiting for any coach or any team. The Academy program is not a direct recruitment tool for any team. The focus on the program is on the development of the individual player.
The TSA Player Development Agreement requires buy-in from the Player, the Parent, and the Coach.