The Texarkana United Soccer Association is pleased to announce the formation of the Jared Beach Scholarship Program. This program is aimed at providing registration fee scholarships to help area children participate in the youth soccer programs sponsored by the Texarkana United Soccer Association and the City of Texarkana Parks and Recreation Department at Grady T. Wallace Park. Specifically, this scholarship program provides assistance to children from low income families who would not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in the exciting and growing sport of youth soccer.
Any child who meets the following eligibility criteria may be eligible for a registration fee scholarship.
- Qualify for free or reduced school lunches
- Be eligible for TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families)
- Receive assistance from one or more of the following programs: Food Stamps, Welfare, Foster Care, Medicaid, or SSI
To apply for a scholarship:
- Print off this application form, Jared Beach Scholarship Application, fill it out including supporting documentation.
- Mail it to TUSA, PO BOX 6183, Texarkana, TX 75505
- TUSA will review and email a voucher that you can use to register online.
- Register online.
- All scholarship applications are due before the season’s registration deadline so that we have time to send a voucher code and you can register online by the deadline.
- Applications will be addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The parents need to provide for the cost of the uniform, shin-guards and practice ball for each child. The only other requirement is that all scholarship recipients must commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
All Scholarship awards will be decided upon by the Board of Directors for the Texarkana Soccer Association and will be based on the number of applicants, financial resources available, and current registration needs. All information submitted will remain confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of judging scholarship eligibility. The Board reserves to the right to award registration fee scholarships and alter the application criteria as needed without further notice. All decisions by the Board will be final and not subject to appeal. Scholarship recipients may also be responsible for the cost of their individual team uniform.
If you have additional questions, contact TSA by email at TSA@TexarkanaSoccer.com (please include “Scholarship” in the subject line).